A toxin or other foreign substance which induces an immune response in the body, especially the production of antibodies.
More example sentences
- All the conjugated peptides were injected together in white rabbits as antigens for antibody production.
- Antibodies are gamma globulins produced by B lymphocytes when antigens enter the body.
- As a result, the patient's immune system would produce antibodies to attack the foreign antigens.
- More example sentences
- This may not be the case with weakly antigenic tumor antigens.
- As one would expect, we found that two different antibodies with different antigenic specificities had different amino acid sequences in the antigen-binding site.
- The very low level of amino acid diversity in antigenic proteins may be cause for optimism in the difficult fight to control global tuberculosis.
Definition of antigen in:
- The US English dictionary