Definition of antimalarial in English:
(Of a drug) used to prevent malaria.
- Improving adherence to use of antimosquito measures and antimalarial medications could prevent many cases of malaria.
- It also identifies areas in which malaria is not prevalent to prevent unnecessary use of antimalarial medications.
- Fourthly, the health facility was assessed for availability of antimalarial drugs and malaria treatment wall charts.
nounBack to top
An antimalarial drug.
- Eleven species were used as antimalarials or antipyretics in all three tropical continents, and 47 species were similarly used in two continents.
- It can be controlled with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antimalarials, steroids and immunosupressants.
- Most of these lives would be saved by increased use of simple curative interventions, such as antimalarials and antibiotics combating dysentery and pneumonia.