- Active against microbes.More example sentences
- Some burns units treat difficult wounds such as facial burns by leaving them exposed and applying antimicrobial ointment.
- Mammals make more than 500 antimicrobial peptides, and their ancestry dates back some 300 million years.
- A variety of antimicrobial peptides are present in mammals.
nounBack to top
- An antimicrobial substance.More example sentences
- Examples of such devices include catheters coated with heparin or an antibiotic agent, bone cements containing antimicrobials, and blood bags containing anticoagulant or preservation agents.
- There is no evidence for prescribing combinations of topical steroids and antimicrobials over steroids alone.
- Generally, patients who state they have a ‘sulfa’ allergy are referring to sulfonamide antimicrobials, such as sulfamethoxazole.