Definition of antiretroviral in English:
Denoting or relating to a class of drugs which inhibit the activity of retroviruses such as HIV.
- Three classes of antiretroviral drugs are currently used in combination for the treatment of HIV infection, which target the activity of two viral enzymes.
- There are three main classes of antiretroviral drug.
- Long term probability of detection of HIV - 1 drug resistance after starting antiretroviral therapy in routine clinical practice.
nounBack to top
An antiretroviral drug.
- Prescriptions were written for a variety of antiretrovirals, antibiotics, antidepressants, and appetite enhancers.
- The standard procedure and test for quality specification of antituberculosis drugs, antiretrovirals and antimalarials have been incorporated.
- The plan is to ease the WTO's rules on patents so that drugs such as antiretrovirals for combating HIV infection and AIDS could be produced to meet urgent public health needs in the world's poorer countries.
Definition of antiretroviral in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan