noun (plural antisera /-rə/)
- A blood serum containing antibodies against specific antigens, injected to treat or protect against specific diseases.More example sentences
- Newborn babies at risk of severe chickenpox can also be given antiserum (serum containing antibodies).
- Serotyping was done by the set of type specific antisera.
- In addition, a program to develop countermeasures including vaccines, antisera, and therapeutic agents to protect troops from possible biological attack was begun in 1953.
More definitions of antiserumDefinition of antiserum in:
- The US English dictionary