- (Chiefly of a drug) used to relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.More example sentences
- Alternatively, antispasmodic drugs and motility stimulants may be prescribed.
- The causes include antispasmodic drugs, continence surgery, obstruction, psychosis, and neurological or inflammatory conditions.
- The antispasmodic muscle relaxants are especially effective for individuals with multiple spasms, especially back spasms.
nounBack to top
- An antispasmodic drug.More example sentences
- When the physiology of asthma was better understood, antispasmodics were given on a continuous basis to attempt to lower airway tone.
- Despite the above medication, if abdominal pain persists, antispasmodics and relevant painkillers will help.
- Herbal antispasmodics such as Jamaican dogwood, cramp bark and catnip can be used for relaxing muscle tension and spasms.
More definitions of antispasmodicDefinition of antispasmodic in:
- The US English dictionary