Definition of antispasmodic in English:
(Chiefly of a drug) used to relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
- Alternatively, antispasmodic drugs and motility stimulants may be prescribed.
- The causes include antispasmodic drugs, continence surgery, obstruction, psychosis, and neurological or inflammatory conditions.
- The antispasmodic muscle relaxants are especially effective for individuals with multiple spasms, especially back spasms.
nounBack to top
An antispasmodic drug.
- When the physiology of asthma was better understood, antispasmodics were given on a continuous basis to attempt to lower airway tone.
- Despite the above medication, if abdominal pain persists, antispasmodics and relevant painkillers will help.
- Herbal antispasmodics such as Jamaican dogwood, cramp bark and catnip can be used for relaxing muscle tension and spasms.
Definition of antispasmodic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia