noun (plural antra /-trə/)Anatomy
- 1A natural chamber or cavity in a bone or other anatomical structure.More example sentences
- Cholesterol granuloma is usually associated with chronic middle ear disease and is common in the mastoid antrum and air cells of the temporal bone.
- Thus removal of a small cholesteatoma may allow for reconstruction of the outer attic wall or creation of a cavity that extends to or just beyond the mastoid antrum.
- It's endoderm ultimately forms the lining of the auditory tube, tympanic cavity and mastoid antrum.
- 1.1The pyloric end of the stomach.More example sentences
- Multiple biopsies were taken from the duodenum, the gastric antrum, and the distal esophagus.
- Surgical resection of the antrum and first duodenum was performed.
- The gastroenterologist should map the stomach with adequate sampling of the antrum, corpus, and cardia.
- More example sentences
- Upper endoscopy evaluations of 13 of the rosacea patients revealed that 8 had gastrointestinal disorders including antral gastritis, chronic atrophic gastritis, and duodenal ulcers.
- Endoscopic ultrasonography showed a thickened antral wall with a mass in the gastric antrum.
- Three antral biopsies were obtained within 2-5cm from the pylorus.
early 19th century: from Latin, from Greek antron 'cave'.
More definitions of antrumDefinition of antrum in:
- The US English dictionary