- A plant which reproduces by apomixis.More example sentences
- Gametophytic apomicts differ from sexually reproducing plants in that they produce unreduced embryo sacs.
- Because of its mode of reproduction and unusually large nuclear genome, it is speculated that its success as a weed could be attributed, in part, to its behaviour as an autopolyploid apomict.
- Progeny tests employing molecular markers allow the identification of individuals originated by sexual means among the offspring of a facultative apomict.
More definitions of apomictDefinition of apomict in:
- The US English dictionary