- Relating to a limb or limbs: the appendicular skeletonMore example sentences
- The somatic layer of the lateral plate gives rise to the appendicular skeleton and the connective tissue of the limbs and body wall.
- The limbs and appendicular musculature of tetrapods are a further elaboration of the non-axial musculature.
- Scutes over the limbs are termed appendicular scutes, and scutes forming the ventral portion of the carapace are referred to as ventral scutes.
mid 17th century: from Latin appendicula 'small appendage', diminutive of appendix, + -ar1.
More definitions of appendicularDefinition of appendicular in:
- The US English dictionary