Definition of apperception in English:
noun[mass noun] Psychology , dated
The mental process by which a person makes sense of an idea by assimilating it to the body of ideas he or she already possesses.
- Where people differ is in the way that each of them typically makes use of the equipment; and this typical mode of apperception and responsiveness is what is meant in psychology by their type.
- This could throw additional light upon the unconscious psychodynamic processes governing the perception and apperception, both sensory and extrasensory, of potentially threatening stimuli.
- From seashore strands to moors and mountains, from sand specks and protozoa to all-embracing panoramas, knowing and feeling were conjoined, not conflicting, modes of apperception.
- Example sentences
- A common symptom of apperceptive visual agnosia is prosopagnosia, the inability to recognize faces.
- There is a further analogy in how you incorporate what you learn into your entire apperceptive mass.
- In fact, the distinction between apperceptive and associative agnosia has several limitations.
Definition of apperception in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.