Definition of appetency in English:
noun (plural appetencies)rare
1A longing or desire.
- But he erroneously confounds appetency and volition together as the same functions of one power.
- Additionally, unaltered sexual appetence following orgasm was accompanied by unchanged concentrations of plasma prolactin in the case subject.
- So the presence of any object could be no inducement to sin, were there not a constitutional appetency or craving for sin.
1.1A natural tendency or affinity.
- Rather phylogenetically, he proceeds from a survey of sensory modalities to mental powers of perception, intelligence, appetence, emotion, habit and instinct, ending with a general discussion of mental evolution.
- The company is distinguished by their quality, design and innovation, by offering in the market not only product, but also concepts, creating appetencies in the consumer.
- The human mind has a natural appetency for truth.
Definition of appetency in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia