- Stimulating one’s appetite: the appetizing aroma of sizzling baconMore example sentences
mouth-watering, inviting, tempting; tasty, succulent, delicious, palatable, delectable, choice, flavoursome, luscious, toothsome• literary ambrosial, ambrosianappealing, attractive, inviting, enticing, alluring, tempting, seductive, enchanting, beguiling
- The smoky haze and appetizing aroma from barbecues greets visitors as they are ushered onto rooftops for a taste of a range of sizzlers, steaks and grills.
- I gave them a miss since my feet were being led by my nostrils, which could sniff the appetising aroma of Chinese food, at a stall nearby.
- What attracted them were the appetising aromas of traditional Chinese food in the evening air.
- More example sentences
- Micro-organisms are used in a variety of applications, like breaking down oil spill contaminants and sewage, or perhaps more appetizingly, providing an array of food products and additives.
- As she reaches for the drink, it is grasped by a darkly handsome man, dressed in a dinner jacket, who smiles appetizingly.
- Oven baked tomatoes stuffed with Mediterranean veg and Parmesan had a concentrated sweetness to them while the veg (mainly potato and breadcrumbs) were appetisingly homely.
mid 17th century: from French appétissant, irregular formation from appétit (see appetite).