noun[mass noun] North American
- A paste of spiced stewed apple used as a spread or condiment, typically made with cider.More example sentences
- Spoon the celery apple butter around the dish and garnish with a popcorn shoot.
- I shipped off a jar of homemade apple butter, and he sent back two kinds of pink sea salt, from Hawaii and from the Himalayas, and a jar of hazelnut spread from Le Pain Quotidien.
- In the half-hour that followed, he got himself around two and a half servings of pumpkin soufflé and some plain yogurt topped with apple butter.
More definitions of apple butterDefinition of apple butter in:
- The US English dictionary