- A device used for inserting something or for applying a substance to a surface: an eyeshadow applicator fertilizer and herbicide applicatorsMore example sentences
- When you insert cotton-tipped applicators or tissues in your ear, the wax is just pushed deeper into the ear canal.
- They are working on herbicide applicators and seed drills for restoration work.
- Use a sponge applicator or brush to apply solid colour to the lid, then blend out towards the socket and brow bone with your fingers.
mid 17th century: from Latin applicat- 'fastened to' (from the verb applicare) + -or1.
More definitions of applicatorDefinition of applicator in:
- The US English dictionary