nounoften • derogatory
- An artist whose work contains reworkings of well-known images by other artists: [as modifier]: appropriationist artMore example sentences
- Through the late '70s and into the early '80s, it honed its take on the appropriationist methods that characterized the vanguard art of the period.
- It was also difficult to see how the group's strategies differ from those of more rigorous appropriationists.
- In the hands of a garden-variety appropriationist (who would purchase these objects rather than painstakingly make them), the hats would represent a satiric comment on the commodification of individualism.
More definitions of appropriationistDefinition of appropriationist in:
- The US English dictionary