Definition of approving in English:
Showing or feeling approval of someone or something: the wine drew approving comments from across the table
More example sentences
- He was obviously enjoying himself - at the end of every carol or lesson, he would turn to his wife and offer approving comments on the performances.
- To approving nods, he recalled his record as mayor, as he does on almost every day of his campaign.
- Sections of the audience let out a disturbingly approving cheer.
- Example sentences
- As long as I'm approvingly linking to myself, I might as well pat myself on the back for seeing this one coming.
- City bureaucrats beamed approvingly at each new design.
- Anyway, when I got to the gallery, Andrea was on the sidewalk in front, looking up approvingly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India