- 1A value or quantity that is nearly but not exactly correct: these figures are only approximationsMore example sentences
- To compare behavioral responses among regions, we used Kruskal-Wallis tests, which use chisquare approximations.
- Most of the work in quantum mechanics was in the Galilean (or non-relativistic) approximation.
- Their derivations will extend to cover the present cases, given the same approximations made above.
- 1.1A thing that is similar to something else, but is not exactly the same: the band smashed up their equipment in an approximation of rock star behaviourMore example sentences
- User's attitudes also had to be examined in order to assess whether the approximations in the animation were satisfactory.
- Most pocket cameras have a separate viewfinder: what you see is an approximation of what the lens is seeing.
- Previously published methods for deriving Q have used eigen-decomposition of an approximation to P (t).