A board for riding on water, pulled by a speedboat.
- No person shall use any vessel or manipulate water skis, an aquaplane, or a similar device in a reckless or negligent manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person.
- No one under 12 years of age may operate legally a vessel towing a person(s) on water skis, an aquaplane, a parasail, or similar device.
- It is an infraction for a person under the age of 21 years who has 0.01 percent or more, by weight, of alcohol in his or her blood to operate any motorized vessel or manipulate water skis, an aquaplane, or a similar device.
(Of a vehicle) slide uncontrollably on a wet surface: the plane is believed to have aquaplaned on the runway
More example sentences
- A traffic policeman had a miraculous escape after his patrol car aquaplaned on a wet road, hit the central reservation of the A120 and burst into flames
- Such is the importance of first qualifying under the new aggregated system that he was forced to keep pushing, but as the track became increasingly perilous during his out-lap, the car aquaplaned and hit the wall at turn eight.
- A West Yorkshire fire officer said that the accident was caused by a combination of speed and the ‘severe’ weather conditions, which caused the vehicle to aquaplane on the road surface.
Definition of aquaplane in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.