- A mathematical function that is the inverse of the tangent function.More example sentences
- In the 14th century, Madhava, isolated in South India, developed a power series for the arc tangent function, apparently without the use of calculus, allowing the calculation of pi to any number of decimal places.
- When we find an arctan of a reciprocal of an even-indexed Fibonacci number, we can use to replace it by a sum of two terms, one an odd-indexed Fibonacci number and another even-indexed Fibonacci number.
- We can put this in words as ‘The final arctan is just 1 more than the product of the other two (whose denominators differ by one).’
More definitions of arc tangentDefinition of arc tangent in:
- The US English dictionary