- Extremely averse to change and strongly adhering to traditional values: his social philosophy is arch-conservativeMore example sentences
- The arch-conservative American ambassador to the UN sounded the alarm last week.
- For over a year, the president's chief strategist has been targeting this arch-conservative group.
- Her archconservative, often libertarian, and sometimes extreme views made her popular with militia movements.
nounBack to top
- A person who is extremely averse to change and strongly adheres to traditional values: her father was an arch-conservative in the colonial era traditionMore example sentences
- The single greatest critic of the British Empire, Edmund Burke, was an archconservative who saw imperialism as an essentially radical project.
- He was an archconservative who saw the world in terms of good and evil.
- They're scared to death of this guy because they really believe he is the archconservative that they've always feared would step forward.
More definitions of arch-conservativeDefinition of arch-conservative in:
- The US English dictionary