- Shooting with a bow and arrows, especially at a target as a sport.More example sentences
- The activities covered everything from archery to water sports and rock climbing.
- Thompson is a sports freak, with archery, cricket and scuba diving among his passions.
- They are used to stop the hands and body shaking while competing in sports such as shooting and archery.
late Middle English: from Old French archerie, from archier (see archer).
More definitions of archeryDefinition of archery in:
- The US English dictionary