Definition of arrhythmic in English:
1Not rhythmic; without rhythm or regularity: the arrhythmic phrasing of the music
More example sentences
- They're not completely arrhythmic, the rhythms are just highly unconventional, often with different parts playing in different time signatures.
- His eyes were darting around frantically, his left leg bounced with a steady, arrhythmic, annoying rhythm and he was wringing his hands consistently.
- Featuring only Spencer Seim's erratically melodic guitar and Zach Hill's pummeling, rhythmically arrhythmic drums, Hella has enough energy to power a small town, or at least get a few folks convulsing in reaction.
1.1 Medicine Relating to or suffering from cardiac arrhythmia.
- The ACCP recommends that patients with suspected PAH be screened with echocardiography to detect cardiac anatomic and arrhythmic problems.
- Continuous ST-segment monitoring provides uninterrupted, real-time information about the occurrence, frequency, and severity of significant arrhythmic and ischemic cardiac events.
- All 10 mice that received the drug thrived and never developed an arrhythmia, while 8 out of 9 untreated mice became arrhythmic and died.
- Example sentences
- This arhythmical bouncing of the backpack ruins the pleasure of running and technique, as well.
- It's nature is to erratically move from flash point to flash point in an arhythmical manner.
- This treatment may consist of a steady pressure upon a specific area, prolonged for a desired period, or it may consist of a rhythmical, or arhythmical variation in the pressure.
- Example sentences
- They're usually attended only by the other residents of Ramsey Street and perhaps a few others swaying arrhythmically in the background.
- The dancefloor duly cleared, and I was dragged into the centre of the clapping masses to arhythmically twitch and prance for what seemed like ten minutes.
- It seemed like the entire student body had turned out, from the couples that seemed like they were attached at the hip, to the awkward wallflowers bobbing arrhythmically at the edges of the large mass.
Definition of arrhythmic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.