Definition of arrowhead in English:
1The pointed end of an arrow.
- Flint arrowheads were shaped to a point and inserted into a slot and tied with sinew to the front of the arrow.
- Though she hated even the sight of the long bow and pointed arrowheads, she understood from Adam's words that she must forget her dislike.
- Primitive man started with a arrowhead that was hardened by burning the end of the shaft slightly, then sharpened by shaping the burned end.
3A Eurasian water plant with arrow-shaped leaves above the water surface.
- Genus Sagittaria, family Alismataceae: several species
- Bog plants, also known as emergent and marginal plants, include some hardy types such as pickerel weed, arrowheads, cattails and yellow water iris; and shorter species including golden-club, parrot's feather and spike rush.
- Among them are arrow arum, bull-tongue arrowhead, pickerelweed, water lettuce, white water lily, yellow water lily, and the invasive alligator weed.
- Wetland communities include, in addition to stands of soft-stem bulrush, very marshy areas with water plantain and broad-leaved arrowhead, two closely related species whose flowers have three white petals.
Words that rhyme with arrowheadRoundhead • bonehead
Definition of arrowhead in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.