noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A weakly acidic crystalline solid with oxidizing properties, formed when arsenic reacts with nitric acid.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: H3AsO4
- In the Vietnam War dimethyl arsenic acid was applied for the destruction of rice cultures.
- It would be advantageous to have a process wherein arsenic acid in such waste mixtures is transformed into a useful product and any residual arsenic acid in the resulting solution is removed.
- Arsenates are salts of arsenic acid, or more formerly orthoarsenic acid.
More definitions of arsenic acidDefinition of arsenic acid in:
- The US English dictionary