noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic organic arsenic compound formerly used to treat syphilis and other diseases. See also Ehrlich, Paul.More example sentences
- In 1910, with his Japanese colleague Sahachiro Hata, he developed arsphenamine, a synthetic preparation containing arsenic, which sold under the name of Salvarsan.
- He also discovered a treatment for syphilis using arsphenamine in 1910.
- Two month courses of intravenous arsphenamine would then be alternated with intramuscular Bismuth.
More definitions of arsphenamineDefinition of arsphenamine in:
- The US English dictionary