Definition of arterialize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective arterialized)
Convert venous into arterial (blood) by oxygenation, especially in the lungs: arterialized blood gas analyses
More example sentences
- Prewarming with the commercially-available heel warmers or with a diaper which has been warmed under a warm faucet and taped around the heel often increases the blood supply and arterializes the sample.
- Following a period of in vivo calibration using a sample of arterialized ear lobe capillary blood, subjects were initially monitored for 2 min at rest while seated on the bicycle ergometer with a nose clip in place.
- Blood gas tensions were measured in arterialized earlobe capillary samples.
- Example sentences
- The venous media thickens and forms multiple elastic laminae, a phenomenon called arterialization.
- A colour Doppler ultrasound scan done two weeks later confirmed the lesion to be of vascular origin with multiple draining channels and arterialisation of veins.
- These represent primary congenital venous malformations or mural weaknesses that are not secondary to arterialisation of the venous system.
Definition of arterialize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan