- Surgical immobilization of a joint by fusion of the bones.More example sentences
- Also called joint fusion, in arthrodesis your surgeon uses pins to hold your joint in one position.
- If delayed primary repair is not possible, options include the following: 1) leave it alone, 2) flexor tendon graft through the intact sublimis, and 3) arthrodesis of the DIP joint if unstable.
- Reconstruction and midcarpal arthrodesis are last-resort procedures that are of questionable benefit to the athlete.
early 20th century: from arthro- + Greek desis 'binding together'.
More definitions of arthrodesisDefinition of arthrodesis in:
- The US English dictionary