- Relating to the formation of speech sounds.More example sentences
- A similar articulatory gesture is used in English in voiced stops, where advancing the tongue root (and/or lowering the larynx) helps to permit voicing to continue despite the oral closure.
- This idea is associated with the contribution of Laclau and Mouffe, who say: ‘We will call articulation any practice establishing a relation among elements such that their identity is modified as a result of the articulatory practice’.
- In sentence-picture and picture-picture verification tasks, we examined the effect of an articulatory suppression and a spatial tapping dual task on the encoding of simple spatial relations.
More definitions of articulatoryDefinition of articulatory in:
- The US English dictionary