- A lung disease resulting from the inhalation of asbestos particles, marked by severe fibrosis and a high risk of mesothelioma (cancer of the pleura).More example sentences
- This issue has been addressed comprehensively by two of us in a study of asbestosis and lung cancer.
- They get deadly diseases like black lung, asbestosis, or more insidious poisonings.
- Only the more severe grades of asbestosis are detectable by gross examination.
More definitions of asbestosisDefinition of asbestosis in:
- The US English dictionary