- 1The absence of bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms.More example sentences
- When discharged, dry chemical extinguishers spread powder throughout the room and possibly could compromise asepsis.
- 1.1The exclusion of bacteria and other microorganisms, typically during surgery. Compare with antisepsis.More example sentences
- Many perioperative nurses report that new providers and clinicians have a limited understanding of medical versus surgical asepsis.
- Perioperative nurses have significant expertise in the areas of surgical asepsis, safe medication handling, and traffic control, and they serve instrumental roles in these areas.
- Until science has a better understanding of the etiology of this infectious protein, medical professionals must remain vigilant in asepsis and patient advocacy.
More definitions of asepsisDefinition of asepsis in:
- The US English dictionary