Definition of assiduous in English:
Showing great care and perseverance: she was assiduous in pointing out every feature
More example sentences
- Yet the result of this assiduous attention to presentation was that the image became too self-conscious.
- I accept that Larry could have been more assiduous in his search.
- The manager has the right to expect that his workers will be careful and assiduous.
diligent, careful, meticulous, thorough, sedulous, attentive, industrious, laborious, hard-working, conscientious, ultra-careful, punctilious, painstaking, demanding, exacting, persevering, unflagging, searching, close, elaborate, minute, accurate, correct, studious, rigorous, particular;
- Example sentences
- On the contrary, these qualities are considered signs of assiduousness and punctiliousness.
- But in one of the more heroic efforts in tennis history, he set about - with characteristic assiduousness and determination - trying to acquire a grass-court game in order to win it.
- Apparently some famous violinist whose name escapes me wrote to his son (a violist): ‘You must practise with great assiduousness, since you do not wish to remain a violist for the whole of your life.’
Words that rhyme with assiduousdeciduous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.