- Safety assurances cannot be guaranteed because there is always a first time for incidents to happen.
- Oral guarantees or assurances are worthless should a dispute arise in the future.
- Some analysts and Western diplomats, however, are skeptical of their assurances.
- He belonged to a unique generation of Irish people whose strength and assurance lay in their ability to think for themselves.
- He was in determined mood and quickly established dominance of his area, however, despatching Salford shots with a confidence and assurance which belied his inexperience.
- He has also got organisational capabilities, he is a winner and he oozes confidence and assurance.
- And it's a wonderful thing to have that kind of peace and assurance and joy and certainty.
- I sometimes look with envy on those whose faith brings comfort and assurance.
- On the one hand, I wish I had this woman's faith, her assurance about good and evil, about the way things will turn out.
- Following a slow start to the year, recruitment levels in the insurance, assurance and reinsurance industries have picked up significantly this month.
- Most lenders require mortgage holders to take out term assurance policies - a simple form of life insurance which pays off the mortgage debt if the holder dies.
- Anyone who is self-employed or not a member of a company pension scheme can buy life assurance protection via a personal pension assurance policy.
In the context of life insurance, a technical distinction is made between assurance and insurance. Assurance is used of policies under whose terms a payment is guaranteed, either after a fixed term or on the death of the insured person; insurance is the general term, and is used in particular of policies under whose terms a payment would be made only in certain circumstances (e.g. accident or death within a limited period).
Late Middle English (in sense 2): from Old French, from assurer 'assure'.
Words that rhyme with assurancedurance, endurance, insurance
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.