Definition of asthenia in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
Abnormal physical weakness or lack of energy: the asthenia of chronic respiratory disease
More example sentences
- Diagnosis begins with a patient history distinguishing weakness from fatigue or asthenia, separate conditions with different etiologies that can coexist with, or be confused for, weakness.
- The most common effects of toxicity from chemotherapies for advanced colorectal cancer are diarrhoea, mucositis, asthenia, and neutropenia.
- A 39-year-old man presented with general weakness and asthenia, which he had been experiencing for three months.
- Example sentences
- This condition is seen in tall, asthenic individuals of both sexes.
- There has been little understanding of a condition of asthenic wasting.
Definition of asthenia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan