- 1 Medicine Absence or abnormal narrowing of an opening or passage in the body.More example sentences
- The Foundation is of vital importance to Sarah and her family because her youngest daughter, Carol, was diagnosed last year with a rare liver disease called biliary atresia.
- The main objective of our study was to identify chromosomal regions possibly containing putative disease loci involved in the etiology of anal atresia.
- Mary has pulmonary atresia, a condition that means the heart and the main blood vessel to the lungs have failed to develop properly.
- 2 Physiology The degeneration of those ovarian follicles which do not ovulate during the menstrual cycle.More example sentences
- The process by which follicles degenerate and disappear is little understood and is termed follicular atresia.
- Furthermore, they may cause premature depletion of the follicle pool by induction of follicular atresia or oocyte apoptosis and, thereby, lead to reduced fertility.
- These structures form through a process of follicular atresia accompanied by hypertrophy of the follicular cells.
More definitions of atresiaDefinition of atresia in:
- The US English dictionary