- The rest of the week will find her in planning meetings or attending the planned events.
- Mr Jones was unable to attend the meeting of creditors as he is in hospital undergoing tests and awaiting heart surgery.
- He stressed that York Council officials would be invited to attend the meeting to explain the proposals.
- Some schools insist on seeing baptism certificates or letters from local clergy confirming that a family regularly attends church before they will offer a place to a child.
- Fewer than one Scot in eight regularly attends church.
- Both my husband and I grew up attending church regularly and we are Christians.
- The man leading a takeover bid for one of the UK's biggest insurance companies today said he had unfinished business to attend to when the deal was done.
- The world's prospective nuclear arsenals cannot be dealt with without attending to its existing ones.
- I was talking with some colleagues the other day about young managers and, how today, there are so many areas of responsibility that they have to attend to and deal with.
- They were on the ground attending to the children with care and attention.
- If you have foot complications from diabetes, it's best that a podiatrist trims your nails and attends to other foot care on a regular basis.
- The Missoula sisters' primary goals were providing physical care and attending to their patients' spiritual well-being.
- She found herself unable to attend to study, whether listening to the teacher or doing exercises, in class or at home.
- Careful and caring listening attends to the values and commitments expressed by the other.
- These tempo fluctuations allow students to improve their skills of listening and attending to their partner as well as demonstrate their own musical intentions.
- The noblemen then left and Elizabeth, attended by twenty ladies and their various attendants, entered the inner chamber where she would actually give birth.
- The 1954 May Queen was Miss Audrey Howarth who was attended by her heralds, ladies, the Lord Chamberlain and other persons from her "Court."
- Such variations are attended by swelling or shrinkage.
- The local inflammation extends deep, and is attended by swelling, a tingling, burning, and pungent heat, and by a redness, which disappears when the skin is pressed by the finger.
- Example sentences
- Regular attenders believe it was the best ever over the 25 years.
- While the proportion of people coming to church to be married, baptised and buried remains higher than the number of members or regular attenders, the trends are moving in the same direction.
- I am still a believer, but not as regular a church attender as I should be.
Middle English (in the sense 'apply one's mind or energies to'): from Old French atendre, from Latin attendere, from ad- 'to' + tendere 'stretch'.
Words that rhyme with attendamend, append, apprehend, ascend, befriend, bend, blend, blende, commend, comprehend, condescend, contend, defriend, depend, emend, end, expend, extend, fend, forfend, friend, impend, interdepend, lend, mend, misapprehend, misspend, offend, on-trend, Oostende, Ostend, perpend, portend, rend, reprehend, scrag-end, send, spend, subtend, suspend, tail end, tend, transcend, trend, underspend, unfriend, upend, vend, weekend, wend
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: at¦tend
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.