noun[mass noun, usually as modifier]
- Sound, especially when recorded, transmitted, or reproduced: audio equipment the machine can retrieve and play audio from a CD-ROMMore example sentences
- After all, the French government already levies an artist tax on audio and video tapes.
- In terms of graphics and audio performance the DS is at least half a generation behind.
- This also applies to audio equipment in the motor vehicle as well as compact discs.
1930s: independent usage of audio-.
More definitions of audioDefinition of audio in:
- The US English dictionary