- 1A tool resembling a large corkscrew, for boring holes in wood.More example sentences
- This boring article presents a few of the many interesting variants in wood boring augers and twist bits.
- A spoon auger used to bore holes into wood.
- A common method was to bore a hole in the barrel using any of a variety of bung borers, boring taps, augers, tapered reamers, and the like.
- 1.1A large tool similar to an auger, used for boring holes in the ground.More example sentences
- We use the auger to drill holes, the sweeper to sweep the parking lot, the hammer to bust concrete.
- I carefully drill 16-inch - to 18-inch-deep holes with a 2-inch diameter soil auger.
- Samples of clay from the auger holes were tested for moisture content but did not indicate any exceptional level of desiccation.
- 2 (also auger shell) A marine mollusc of warm seas with a slender tapering spiral shell.
More example sentences
- Terebra and other genera, family Terebridae, class Gastropoda
- A larger clam or cowry shell and an auger shell can stand in for Goddess and God images in a pinch, particularly on a small altar.
See augur (usage)
More definitions of augerDefinition of auger in:
- The US English dictionary