- 1Having been made greater in size or value: augmented pensions for those retiring at 65More example sentences
- An augmented pension plan will enhance employees' retirement prospects.
- Next, only an augmented international security presence in regional centers, plus targeted reconstruction aid that provides incentives for demobilization will bridge the security gap.
- I noticed that stressful, anxiety-provoking events encountered during the day had a habit of cropping up in my dreams, augmented to terrible proportions by the merciless magnifying glass of the subconscious.
- 2 Music Denoting or containing an interval which is one semitone greater than the corresponding major or perfect interval: augmented fourthsMore example sentences
- The solo instrumental part, in the treble clef, has a melody line characterised by a falling figure, often an augmented fourth.
- And several times in the book a diminished fifth rather than an augmented fourth is called a tritone.
- They projected the first movement with energy, with an eerie second section of pizzicati textures and augmented harmonies leading to the powerful coda.
More definitions of augmentedDefinition of augmented in:
- The US English dictionary