Definition of auricular in English:
1Relating to the ear or hearing: the Catholic doctrine of the necessity of private auricular confession
More example sentences
- Reconstruction was performed using either sural nerve or great auricular nerve in 8 of 10 patients.
- The ear is supplied by the greater auricular, lesser occipital, and auriculotemporal nerves, and the mastoid branches of the lesser occipital nerve.
- Which one of the following antibiotic groups is the best first-line oral therapy for infections associated with piercings of the auricular cartilage?
2Relating to or shaped like an auricle.
- The elaborate silver mounts, however, consisting of two winged putti carry swords and a banner (on top) and grotesque masks, term figures, garlands, and auricular style scrollwork, seem to be the work of a European artist.
- The sconce is decorated with motifs in the auricular style that was popular in the seventeenth century and is exemplified by rippling forms that resemble the human ear.
Late Middle English: from late Latin auricularis, from auricula, diminutive of auris 'ear'.
Words that rhyme with auricularcurricula, curricular, diverticula, funicular, lenticular, navicular, particular, perpendicular, vehicular, vermicular
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan