noun (plural autos)[usually as modifier] informal, chiefly North American
A car: the auto industry
More example sentences
- Did you ever wonder why the North American auto industry is concentrated where it is?
- Making use of the internet for getting the best suited auto insurance is not a demanding task.
- Finding the best auto parts actually depends on you, so make the right choice now!
Late 19th century: abbreviation of automobile.
Words that rhyme with autoOporto, Porto, quarto
Short for automatic.
- It has a much slower rate of fire than the auto shotgun, but it hits just as hard.
- I was playing with the auto contrast on my camera, setting it by focussing one area then moving it to point somewhere else.
- Let's be honest here: if I got an auto response, how can the contents of my email have been noted.