Definition of auto-exposure in English:
1A device which sets the exposure automatically on a camera.
- Some auto-exposure cameras make this compensation automatically; on others you have to do it manually.
- See, I bought my current camera back in 1993 or so, and although it's a decent camera, I'm not happy with its auto-exposures.
1.1 [mass noun] The facility to set exposure automatically: a camcorder with auto-exposure
More example sentences
- Photographs were taken using a camera with auto-exposure facility.
- Getting correct exposure with most simple auto-exposure cameras is easy: press the shutter button and the camera does the rest.
- There's no autofocus, no auto-exposure, no auto-film-winding, no auto-nothing.
Definition of auto-exposure in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia