1A device which sets the exposure automatically on a camera.
- Some auto-exposure cameras make this compensation automatically; on others you have to do it manually.
- See, I bought my current camera back in 1993 or so, and although it's a decent camera, I'm not happy with its auto-exposures.
1.1 [mass noun] The facility to set exposure automatically: a camcorder with auto-exposure
More example sentences
- Photographs were taken using a camera with auto-exposure facility.
- Getting correct exposure with most simple auto-exposure cameras is easy: press the shutter button and the camera does the rest.
- There's no autofocus, no auto-exposure, no auto-film-winding, no auto-nothing.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: auto-exposure
Definition of auto-exposure in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.