- A software function that completes words or strings without the user needing to type them in full.More example sentences
- This week, there were red faces at the credit card division, after someone pointed out that customers were able to use an autocomplete option for their password.
- A lot of web developers not only turn off autocomplete for credit card input, but they disable autocomplete on many logins.
- I started off entering each individually, but quite a few had been caught by that infuriating invasion of privacy: autocomplete.
More definitions of autocompleteDefinition of autocomplete in:
- The US English dictionary