noun[mass noun] Mathematics & Statistics
- 1Correlation between the elements of a series and others from the same series separated from them by a given interval.More example sentences
- The statistical autocorrelation of the time series give values between + 1 and - 1.
- Such a series of treatment successes would conform to a white noise pattern, with no significant autocorrelation in a time series analysis.
- In contrast, the off-diagonal elements, representing autocorrelation across equations, are generally negative, although small in value.
- 1.1 [count noun] A calculation of autocorrelation.More example sentences
- Some simple diagnostics are functions of the statistics of interest such as autocorrelations and moving averages.
- The rapid decay of the autocorrelations further indicates that the regions of correlated spreading were not large.
- The autocorrelations of a signal are a measure for the frequencies contained in the time series, holding information equivalent to the power spectrum but emphasizing different aspects of the data.
More definitions of autocorrelationDefinition of autocorrelation in:
- The US English dictionary