Definition of autocorrelation in English:
noun[mass noun] Mathematics & Statistics
1Correlation between the elements of a series and others from the same series separated from them by a given interval.
- The statistical autocorrelation of the time series give values between + 1 and - 1.
- Such a series of treatment successes would conform to a white noise pattern, with no significant autocorrelation in a time series analysis.
- In contrast, the off-diagonal elements, representing autocorrelation across equations, are generally negative, although small in value.
1.1 [count noun] A calculation of autocorrelation.
- Some simple diagnostics are functions of the statistics of interest such as autocorrelations and moving averages.
- The rapid decay of the autocorrelations further indicates that the regions of correlated spreading were not large.
- The autocorrelations of a signal are a measure for the frequencies contained in the time series, holding information equivalent to the power spectrum but emphasizing different aspects of the data.
Definition of autocorrelation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan