1British A form of motor racing in which cars are driven singly or in heats over a course including rough terrain or unmade roads. Compare with rallycross.
- His dad enjoys rallying, rallycross and the occasional autocross event while his older brother is also enjoying a successful year competing in the National Stages Championship.
- But one catch about autocross is that the thrills and spills associated with other forms of racing are likely to be absent, for this sport is more on testing the rider's skill.
- The picture shows a vehicle being bogged down at the autocross.
1.1North American A form of competition in which cars are driven around an obstacle course, typically marked out by cones on an empty car park.
- To qualify for either, a driver gets licensed through autocross events and must have a car with extra safety features, such as a roll cage and a race seat with a five-point harness system.
- By winter they had a drivable car, and by fall, they were racing it on autocross tracks.
- He achieved the third fastest time during the autocross, only to be penalised for knocking over a cone and dropping to 16th.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: auto|cross
Definition of autocross in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.