Any chromosome that is not a sex chromosome.
More example sentences
- The chromosomal complement of each cell is divided into the autosomes and the sex chromosomes.
- The sex chromosomes and autosomes spend different times in the germ line of the two sexes.
- The results are attributed to introgression with a higher rate for autosomes than for sex chromosomes.
- More example sentences
- After germline transformation, two autosomal transgenic lines were recovered.
- Tumor suppressor genes are located on autosomal chromosomes.
- For autosomal transgenes, both males and females were used for classification.
Definition of autosome in:
- The US English dictionary