noun (plural aviaries)
- A large cage, building, or enclosure for keeping birds in.More example sentences
- Adult captive birds were observed in aviaries and zoos in England, Germany, and the USA.
- As ornamental birds in an aviary or large cage setup, this is true.
- At the end of the breeding season phase, we removed birds from their home aviaries and conducted a mating competency tournament.
late 16th century: from Latin aviarium, from avis 'bird'.
More definitions of aviaryDefinition of aviary in:
- The US English dictionary