noun (plural avitaminoses /-siːz/)Medicine
- A condition resulting from a deficiency of a particular vitamin.More example sentences
- His first report describing the structure and development of the pineal gland was followed by reports on the neuropathology of avitaminosis, lead poisoning, and the structure and concentration of microglia.
- In lesser-developed countries, avitaminosis A is correlated to increased mortality.
- Symptoms of avitaminosis include tiredness, muscular weakness, lack of appetite, skin spots, bad breath, insomnia, irritability, nausea, depression and headache.
More definitions of avitaminosisDefinition of avitaminosis in:
- The US English dictionary