Definition of baboon in English:
1A large Old World ground-dwelling monkey with a long doglike snout and large teeth.
- Genera Papio and Mandrillus, family Cercopithecidae: several species, including the drill and mandrill.
- A free-ranging vervet monkey, baboon, or macaque recognizes other members of his group as individuals.
- They have to contend with elephants, hippos, bushpigs, porcupines, vervet monkeys, baboons and birds which are after their crops.
- By contrast, many Old World monkeys, such as baboons and macaques, live longer, start to reproduce later, and have more time between babies.
1.1An ugly or uncouth person.
- This is what happened to Benjamin, my bozo of a baboon, who during his brief ascendancy became a jerk.
- It would seem that even they must know of the knuckle-dragging, race-baiting reactionary baboons.
- I guess we know why he acts like such a baboon when he gets loose in public.
Definition of baboon in:
- US English dictionary