- A tentative act or measure which is the first stage in a long or challenging process: the country is just taking its first baby steps towards the futureMore example sentences
- We do inch forward, except little baby step by baby step.
- The Long Island Neighborhood Network, an environmental group, considers the county measure "a baby step."
- Violent crime has often overshadowed the city's baby steps toward recovery.
More definitions of baby stepDefinition of baby step in:
- The US English dictionary