Definition of bactericide in English:
A substance which kills bacteria: [as mass noun]: use bactericide to guard against infection
More example sentences
- Yes, not actually eating, but the alpha-streptococci emits a type of bactericide which kills the pathogenic bacteria.
- After treatment with 80 l of 10 mM kanamycin, which is a bactericide, drug-sensitive bacteria were streaked onto drug-free plates to confirm that they had been killed.
- Good cultural practices and the purchase of healthy plants will reduce the chance of disease although most fungal and bacterial diseases may be controlled using commercially available fungicides and bactericides.
- Example sentences
- Some antimicrobials are bactericidal whereas others are bacteriostatic.
- It is also a bactericidal agent among other antimicrobial agents, such as penicillin, sulfa, and tetracycline.
- This finding confirmed the mouse experiments, which failed to demonstrate any increase in bactericidal activity when steroids, that are highly protuberculous in the mouse, are given with chemotherapy.
Definition of bactericide in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan